Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tilestiv

Best Chair for Lower Back

9 posts in this topic

Ok, so after my back has been jacked up this last week.  I'm finally willing to get a good gaming chair.  Any recommendations?  I want the best for long sitting haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tilestiv said:

Ok, so after my back has been jacked up this last week.  I'm finally willing to get a good gaming chair.  Any recommendations?  I want the best for long sitting haha.

https://www.smartfurniture.com/products/gesture-chair-by-steelcase.html?preset=442A306205NN2BB5S23

 

That is what I own. I got the added lumbar and the headrest. Now, I am sure most will look at the price and say that I'm high. While this might be true, I think that you need to look at the big picture. There is a 12-year warranty on that chair for any dam thing that might happen. Zero cost to fix it. No shipping, no handling, nothing. So, if you look at it like that, it will cost you about $100 dollars per year. And, if you are used to buying a cheap-ass chair from Staples or something that you need to replace ever 2 years, then you can further see the value. And finally, while gaming chairs are quite edgy, they are not ergonomic and will not help your back pain. I am sorry brother. You need an ergonomic chair. Trust me, I have insane pain and will probably need surgery at some point. 

 

As a side note, that is the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. And, I have owned many high-end chairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much thanks AC.  I'm probably going to follow your suggestion.  After a little more research on it.  Thanks again!

 

Much Love,

Tile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i went with the Veragear Triigger 350. Pretty much on par with what AC has. Other then that Ergohuman has some decent chairs at a bit lower price. Then the other chair would be from Herman Miller but thats the top end and the price tag reflects it lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ufalicious said:

i went with the Veragear Triigger 350. Pretty much on par with what AC has. Other then that Ergohuman has some decent chairs at a bit lower price. Then the other chair would be from Herman Miller but thats the top end and the price tag reflects it lol.

I owned a Herman Miller Embody and well as an Aeron. Steelcase is Herman Millers direct competition when it comes to high end ergonomic chairs. They have the same warranty as Herman Miller does as well as return policy for this reason. The only other company that offers that policy would be Haworth but their chairs are not quite as nice. In fact, I have an Embody in my closet right now I am returning. Not that it is not a good chair, but it is nowhere close to what Steelcase makes. 

 

As for your Chair Ufa, I have looked at it. As far as mesh chairs are concerned, it is quite nice. I am very skeptical about its warranty, but overall it's a decent chair. But again, you will not find any ergonomic chairs on par with Herman Miller or Steelcase. For me, Herman Miller chairs are just not comfortable. But, comfort is subjective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much. I was looking at an Aeron and Leap but the price here in aus is a joke, Even second hand ones run over 1k. They are releasing a headrest for my chair in like 5 days so that'll be dope.

Only down side of the chair are the arm rests. Shits like rock solid but thats the same for most of the chairs at the high end. I like my old chair that had fabric arm rests. Guess il look for some good memory foam covers. Do you know any good ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ufalicious said:

Pretty much. I was looking at an Aeron and Leap but the price here in aus is a joke, Even second hand ones run over 1k. They are releasing a headrest for my chair in like 5 days so that'll be dope.

Only down side of the chair are the arm rests. Shits like rock solid but thats the same for most of the chairs at the high end. I like my old chair that had fabric arm rests. Guess il look for some good memory foam covers. Do you know any good ones?

I googled some lol. But, they look kinda goofy tbh.  

Oh, and for the Leap, I have had that too lol. It's super nice, but the seat gets crazy hard after extended use. Kinda of like the Aeron which holds you in one position. I find both to be torture devices to be quite honest. My Gesture ended up running me over $1500. I found that it was worth it and better than the Leap V2. But again, this is all subjective. But, one thing I do know, is that the Herman Miller chairs, while great works of art, hurt my body like no other lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea. They look like memory foam bricks. But if they are comfy i dont care what they look like lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ufalicious said:

Yea. They look like memory foam bricks. But if they are comfy i dont care what they look like lol

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0