Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orestes

Revelation Online Team

5 posts in this topic

I would like to put in proposal to create and to lead a Revelation Online team for the Drow organization.  This game is looking better and better by day to be an MMO that will last and won't have a massive revolt of people leave in a year.  The game is doing very well in China and when released here, I see it doing very well too.  

My vision for this guild is to have a fun place for people to join and succeed in whatever they want to pursue in the game.  From casual members (with respective friendship of someone in Drow), to dedicated raiders, to pvp members.  The guild in this game are very important to the game.  It is very beneficial to be in a guild as a member and also for the guild to have a respective amount of members.  Now, the size of the guild is up in the air because as you get more members in the guild, your guild levels up and are able to do better missions and craft more stuff and advance as a guild.  Like I said, it is up in the air on how beneficial a large vs small guild is.

As of now, wanting to have a serious raid team to accomplish and down the hard content.  I like to use the term hardcore casual or semi-hardcore.  A team that will raid at least 3 days, at most 4.  The information out are there are some dungeons that are considered raids because they are 10man and a big 20 man with more to come.  It helps alot that raids are not just the only way to progress, why more than likely will stay with a 3 day schedule.  Now to progress in the game need to do more than just raid, so raidlogging is going to be hard to do, at least until your max level.  And no one is even max level yet in China.

Now for pvp aspect of the game, there may or may not be a section of the guild created for pvpers.  The reason for this is it's to early to tell how important pvp is in the game.  Does it help, yes, especially if other guilds declare war on us and if they do, we won't get ganked and make an unenjoyable experience.  I don't want that.  So the pvp aspect of the guild is up in the air. 

The focus of the game is to just do content and progress your character and enjoy the game and being in an MMO.  Guild missions, crafting, dungeon runs, pvp, jump puzzles, small group fun games.  Having guild events to do this (game does help set them up) will need to be done.

It's a daunting task, will try to see who is really interested in this game in the coming weeks and get an officer core for this game to assist.  I know some are interested in a casual aspect and a few that want to make this their raiding game.  Will know more when CBT comes in October, but want to get the ball rolling and get advertisement for guild out to the respective forums.  

A problem I do see is the f2p stigma that is presented and the p2w aspect.  From what little they have released, it won't be that bad of p2w and more of pay 2 advance, such as extra experience.  But the developer so far has shown that it is flexible and listens.  Also the community is very nice so far and those that try to cause issues with p2w aspect aren't really listened to.  We will see.

Edited by Orestes

Hey man. Since you and I have already spoken multiple times, I will allow the other Core members to add anything that they want. However, like I already told you, my recommendation to move forward right now would be to possibly keep the forums in the casual team section and add a recruitment sub-forum. Then, once there seems to be either apps, or a ton of interest, I would assume that Core would vote on whether or not to make it an official Drow team. Personally, I think that this is something that can totally happen. And, I am all for it.

So, for now we will see what the others have to say. But, hopefully we can at least get the sub-forums and you can begin posting on the Revelation website to see how many people are interested in becoming a part of Drow. I already gave you all the templates, just so you can look them over, so it should not be that hard really. I also know that you have been reaching out to people from within Drow, so that is also a plus for me.

Anyhow, we will talk soon I am sure.

Ore if this game takes off I'll come raid for you =P

What mali said, strongly suggest not waiting.  I think this game will have a good hold on PVE side, because not many other games have what this game brings.  If looking at the MMO genre in particular, only 2 game that is somewhat popular has pve and thats WoW and FFXIV.  WoW is well, wow, but FFXIV has alot of casuals.  But when open beta happens, try out the game.  I'll be in closed beta establishing a hold and recruiting while testing the game and get a foothold when Open beta starts.  They are more than likely going to do what China did was wipe characters after closed beta, but Open Beta -> release there will be no wipe.  And I know you like to do other things than raiding in the game and this game has so so much more than raiding.  

But honestly, get the deluxe pack founders, cat mount = win!