Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orestes

Revelation Online

51 posts in this topic

https://ro.my.com/en/about

This game looks so awesome.  PVE raids 10man and 20man.  Dungeons from normal/hard/godmode which awards based on score and how well you do.  A Trinity system with some cool looking classes.  For the pvp people, they have bg's, tournaments, arena, and world sieges.  FLying!

Bunch of videos explaining it.  Idk, looks good, the only thing I'm suspect about is who is bringing it to the states.  my.com.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DeeXGundamPlays/videos

I have actually be watching this as well. If they make it B2P here, it may be amazing. Also, from what I have read in the past, the raids are actually supposed to be challenging. And, the holy trinity is a good thing.

God damnit, I want this style of MMO to die already. This froo-froo, B&S/BDO/Skyforge looking bullshit style of design.

I've not played it yet, so I guess I'll reserve "official" judgement until then. But just from watching the gameplay on youtube, it looks garbo 10/10.

Ha baelix you think all things not wildstar is garbage. B&S and BDO looks nothing alike. This actually looks different to me than the others, more final Fantasy 14 design.  Even looks a little like wildstar on some of the zones, especially the combat and telegraphs. But what do you expect from Eastern mmo, not many mmo games in the US.  

But more info was dropped yesterday, alot actually. F2p game. Cash shop costumes. Guild info along with alliances with other guilds.

http://laufie-ro.tumblr.com

Http://Www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4l3bQV0HaU

Edited by Orestes

Not gonna lie, I was really looking at this game to be neat. However, with the F2P announcement, I am now thinking it is gonna be bad. The reason is that it is unreasonable to think a company is going to spend 100 million dollars making an mmo, and then just give it away for free. Basically, in order for them to actually make money, there are going to need to be restrictions. And, as is usually the case with F2P games, this will come in the form of gating gear with ridiculous mats needed and the chance to break a weapon or something. Granted, not all F2P games are like this, but most Asian mmo's that are free are.

So, I am no longer hyped for this. I am all for being proven wrong though. But, the F2P thing is scary as hell.

Yea been looking into this game a little bit. Odds that its going to be p2p are pretty high but if they end up going b2p it should be pretty decent 

1 hour ago, Ufalicious said:

Yea been looking into this game a little bit. Odds that its going to be p2p are pretty high but if they end up going b2p it should be pretty decent 

Pretty much this.

I'm not scared bout f2p. To many games are f2p already. Sure, some are b2p but I look at b2p as f2p with initial cost. Hell wildstar is now f2p and the f2p system for that game is very good. There's a couple others out there but they don't offer this type of content. Look at swtor too. F2p but with a subscription unlock alot of stuff.

I think they mentioned they are going to be f2p. Though hopefully will change.

If they add a subscription to the F2P model, and that sub unlocks everything, I am down with that. But, as is the case with many F2P games, they usually become super awful cash grabs, more bots than actual players, and the wonderful spam of gold sellers. Also, if they aren't making much money in the F2P model, expect to see the ever popular RNG boxes and other super awful things.

Basically, the game looks solid. However, a publisher can make or break this game. Even if it is awesome, a bad model will drag it down.

SWToR. Solid game till it went f2p.

I dont think any companies are going to do a f2p the way wildstar has. they gave too much to free players and made it so hardly anyone even used the cash shop. 

Its the company that brings skyforge and allods online.  I haven't heard good things about skyforge f2p.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RevelationNetEase/videos

some pretty good videos.  

For me, its going to come down to this game or Pantheon because I honestly don't think Wildstar will last past RMT unless they get an influx of cash/developers.  And if BDO dies and doesn't continue to hold my interest, and going to try final fantasy 14, but well, always quit that game because of the slow combat at lower levels, maybe it picks up.

But this game has all the features I want.  PVE, PVP, crafting, an upgrade system.  Hell you can craft your wings to fly.  Aerial combat.  Hell, heard you can create a guild hall, and have opposing guilds attack it and you can attack theirs.

Edited by Orestes

Fucking F2P. Fuck off with that shit, you greedy whore developers.

4 hours ago, Dellingr said:

Fucking F2P. Fuck off with that shit, you greedy whore developers.

Again, I cannot stress how much I missed you this past week. :)

So  I watched quite a bit of it over the past week and, while it looks cool, I just don't know about this one. Perhaps I'm just being cynical from being burnt from Eastern MMO's being released over here, but it looks like a lot of the same stuff I've heard before. I just don't feel the longevity from what I'm hearing from people who played the foreign release already. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's great, but adding the F2P model does instantly strike some very negative chords for me. 

They have fishing........

This game doesn't look like your typical eastern mmo though. Sure looks are there but playstyle looks like us.  Although not many US mmos. Final Fantasy is eastern and doesn't play like them, due to how grindy eastern mmos can be.  Look at the Korean rankings, black desert online isn't even in top 20 there but it's popular here.  Ffxiv is 18 and wow is 10. 

Most users that play wow don't like f2p honestly. It can be a good system like gw2 and wildstar and archage before they changed it. Heard Tera has a good f2p model as does rift.  

Did I mention fishing. Idk, seems the highlights I've seen are all the good things I want in an mmo. But hard to tell the bad though. 

Edited by Orestes

Teras F2P is extreme grind/pay2win at endgame, unfortunately. The leveling experience is great though. GW2 is B2P, and that model works great when not just a cynical cashin as anet proves. Archeage has been a cynical cashin F2P since its western launch, it was only decent in prelaunch. Wildstar I don't know about since I quit before F2P and had no interest in returning, but I've heard its decent. Too bad they fired (nearly) the whole dev team, though. A lot of them were decent dudes. :/

Maybe this one will buck the trend. I'm not holding my breath.

The raid.  Multiple difficulties, says 2-3 months to complete.  And they are hinting at a new class, Assassin.   And the true endgame...HOUSING!

Found out for the China version the daily "limit" to dungeons is only for the non subscription based players. Get the subscription and this limit is removed. I love this aspect on f2p system because the freeloaders can't take advantage of the system.

The forums are up for RO and there is alot of information on the forums for this game.  I'm going to try to get more info but this looks like my next big game.  Raiding is challenging and the whole entire game has everything you can imagine in a game.  The leveling system is really really good.  Its not about race to max level at all, but developing your character through leveling up.  Make sure your powerful enough to go to the next level.  Hell, the first raid isn't max level, and in fact you won't be max level until a few month's into the game.  Max level is probably going to be 89, and first raid is lvl 76.  And want to get powerful enough to go to lvl 80 and way to do that is raiding.  So, it's a journey.

I plan to have a guild for Drow, and please come to me if your interested.  From pvp to pve to just hanging out, I have heard nothing but great things from this game.

Oh and fishing, there's fishing.

And for the p2w aspect, its more p2advance, such as additional xp while leveling.  Some items you can purchase to help RNG drops.

Edited by Orestes

I also bought a founders pack today. Yes, I got the dam flying cat. I admit that I have issues with Asian mmos. I actually like them very much. And, with this being pretty much WoW from Asia, it does excite me.

researching more and more into it, it's so much stuff in the game.  Even though its new in china, barely a year, it has so much stuff, seems like its been out for years.