Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Orestes

Bless Online

9 posts in this topic

So I was looking  into this, it's in its Open Beta in Korea, near the end of it, but it is coming to NA/EU according to Bless Source, and is being brought by Daum Games which did the conversion of Black Desert Online (which did really good with crossover except for the linguistic aspect of it).  More than likely this game will be a b2p w/ a cash shop.  But it is themepark with RvR, open world pvp, sieges, pvp killing bosses, and doing open world dungeons and instanced dungeons.  Apparently the world is large and it's seamless, so no "zones"

It's a Trinity system with 8 classes.

http://bless-source.com/classes/

It tab based target with option to do action combat similar to how Blade and Soul does it along with how Wildstar does it now.  It uses LAS for it's skills similar to how Wildstar does and has a telegraph system.  It looks like the telegraph system isn't heavy though, just major attacks and such.  There's been bad comments on the combat because it's not fast like BDO, B&S, Wildstar, that it's a little slow.

Has 5man dungeons, PVP zones, Instanced World Bosses (apparently it's a huge pvp zone too and can get a flying mount that is only good for a week).  

The pet/mount system looks insanely awesome.  You can "tame" the majority of the mobs in the world and make them a pet and some as mounts and upgrade them so they have more skills such as faster mount speed or for pets, increase gold drop.  You can also capture "minions", the humanoid mobs and train them to do missions for you to obtain stuff, Looked like WoW garrison mission thing but more personnel, seeing as you looks to have 1 or 2 minions.  Tame an elephant, ant, a fucken unicorn!

http://bless-source.com/forum/index.php/Thread/2826-How-the-Pet-System-Works-in-BLESS

The gear system looks to be part drops and part crafted and you can "upgrade" the gear.

There's a "fatigue" system but more than likely won't make it to the US because most Korea>us games, that feature is removed.  But don't quote me.

The death system, there is no penalty, but you either can rez at your body but spend money to do it, become a ghost and have to run back to your body, or rez at graveyard and take a 10 min random debuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bless

I have actually been checking this out for a while now. I have been trying to find any information on raids and what not but with no luck. Anyhow, it looks interesting. If they do a B2P model it may work. If it is gonna be F2P, it may be a nightmare.

Im just so over Korean style MMOs, they all end up being the same model (grind these two dungeons/zones/whatever until your eyes bleed or you give up.)

It looks to have multiple dungeons and because it's a Beta, haven't released everything.  Doubt there will be raids though, Korean MMO's usually dont have that and believe small party endgame.

30 minutes ago, Dellingr said:

Im just so over Korean style MMOs, they all end up being the same model (grind these two dungeons/zones/whatever until your eyes bleed or you give up.)

Don't forget gotta craft X grindy thing and farm Y grindy thing to upgrade at endgame

49 minutes ago, Cel said:

Don't forget gotta craft X grindy thing and farm Y grindy thing to upgrade at endgame

I would bet big money on this if it is F2P. But, I am gonna watch it and see what happens. Del is probably right on this one though.

This looks so bad, I don't even know how to word it.

I really hope these bullshit Korean MMO's die out soon. Their graphical inspirations are all the same, it looks like shitty engines that are trying to remake Final Fantasy movies.

Super cookie cutter, nothing new or exciting about it..

They've literally just turned MMO's into an assembly line - spewing out as much of the same bullshit as they possibly can, as quickly as they can.

I dont mind the art style, but the gameplay is just not evolving. They add one or two gimmicks and act like its a gamechanger, its just boring. The genre desperately needs something mold breaking.

Honestly, we don't need a whole lot of new stuff. Too many of these games focus on trying to find that new niche and could be better served just perfecting whats already out there.

Do what blizzard does, take what others have done and do it better or right.  Pick your art style and run with it.