Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baelix

Baelix's Esper Healing Guide - Wildstar

4 posts in this topic

Hello fellow Espers!
I've gone through and collected as much data as possible about changes that directly affect the Esper healing class.

I compiled as much of it together as I could, and have provided it in a "kinda" guide below.
Please feel free to offer feedback, suggestions, comments, etc. in the comments below!

Esper Healing, Runesets, and General Changes

1. Intensity and other major changes
  2. Soft-caps and you
  3. Runeset overview at a high-level
  4. Theoretical builds - "meta"
  5. Example AMP/LAS & stats
  6. Raid Encounter LAS setups
  7. Boost and Buff food options
  8. Change Log

1. Intensity and other major changes

Spoiler

A. Major Changes
At first, Drop 6 seems extremely overwhelming.
All of the rune sets we're using right now have been completely removed; we've had a complete stat revamp; legendary items only have 5 rune slots; infinite rune re-rolls for gold...

But once you get past the initial shock of all the changes, it's pretty simple to begin to see the new formula required for Drop 6.

The first big change in Drop 6 is that runesets no longer work the same way that they do now - the are now on an item by item basis, not shared across all of your equipped gear.
What this means is that in order to achieve set bonuses for a rune set, the runes must all be placed on the same piece of gear.
For example, if I have hands with 4/8 of Runeset A and legs with 4/8 of Runeset A - I don't have 8/8 Runeset A; I actually have 2x 4/8 bonuses that stack.
This completely contradicts how we know to work with runes.

The second big change is that runes no longer have a throughput based on which slot they're in.
That is to say, a rune will have the same base stat in the first slot of an item that it does in the last slot of an item.

Another big change for Espers specifically, is the change to Focus costs and Focus recovery.
Focus costs for most spells have almost tripled depending on your AMPs and Intensity rating - base soothe in Drop 6 takes 38 Focus, whereas it only takes 13 focus in Drop 5.
So once again, Focus is going to be something that needs to managed and paid attention to.

One of the biggest changes in Drop 6 is across the board for all classes - AMPs have been increased by 2 by default.
Instead of having only 45 AMPs by level 50, you will have 47 - this equates to having 57 if you're AMP point capped.
This is pretty huge, as there are some great T1 AMPs that you can now fill with those extra AMP points.

The last major change that I wanted to mention, which is across the board, is the fact that AP/SP now come solely from gear.
You can no longer rune for AP/SP.

****ABSOLUTELY MAJOR CHANGE ON 8/25/15****
Fixation was updated to do 3x it's normal Focus Regen amount.
Instead of 120 focus over 12s, you now get 360 focus over 12s.
This is a massive improvement, and should really lax the requirements of Focus Pool and Regen on our gear/runes.

B. Intensity
So, amidst all of these changes we were introduced an entirely new lineup of stats - one of them, named Intensity.
Intensity is a new stat that you can rune for, comes on gear, and also is a product of some set bonuses.

Intensity is actually one of the most simple to calculate in terms of cost and benefit, as it affects healing output and focus cost the exact same way.
It increases your healing output by X% and increases the cost of spells by X%.
So a Soothe cast will do 20% more healing, but cost 20% more focus if your Intensity rating is 20%. Simple, right?

The biggest benefit of this stat - consistency.
In a cruel world where Crabin (pls) has taken away our SP runes, we have a way to increase our healing output with a consistent stat.
It's not a chance to proc up to X% - it's a straight increase to healing, 100% of the time across the board.

This is the strongest stat available to all healers, because it increases not only base heals, but also multi-hit procs, crits, etc.
With how volatile focus is in Drop 6, however, too much of this stat can ruin any hopes to try and mix-up your arsenal.
You'll spend so much time trying to plug your gear with focus regen to offset the intensity, that you'll actually diminish your throughput.

2. Soft-caps and you

Spoiler

An awesome improvement in Drop 6 is the addition of Diminishing Returns (DR) indicators in the player UI now.
When we start to hit the "soft-cap" (point where DR begins to take effect), the stat in our player UI shows up as yellow.
This is a huge help as it indicates when a stat is at the soft-cap, and you may benefit from putting priority into other stats now.

The big stats that we're worried about as Esper healers are Crit, Intensity, Focus Pool/Regen, Multi-Hit, Crit Sev and Multi-Hit Sev.
Below, I've included a list of the (known) soft-caps for these stats.

Crit Chance: 30%
Crit Sev: 250%
Focus Pool: No DR apparent
Focus Regen: 1.5%
Multi-Hit: 60%
Multi-Hit Sev: No DR apparent (cannot rune for MH Sev)
Intensity: 30%

Once the points above are reached, it may be best (depending on the scenario) to focus on other stats to increase healing throughput.

3. Runeset overview at a high-level

Spoiler

There are quite a few runesets with stats that can be useful from an Esper healing point of view.
I've included any that I thought were useful, excluding basic non-set runes as there shouldn't be a reason to be using these at end-game.

i. Rune Sets
Cynosure - Multi-Hit, Focus Regen, Health

Set Bonuses:

• 2 power: 0.35% Multi-Hit Chance
  • 3 power: 1.2% Focus Pool
  • 4 power: 0.445% Multi-Hit Severity
  • 5 power: 1.5% Focus Pool
  • 6 power: 0.55% Multi-Hit Chance

Resurgence - Crit hit, Focus Pool, Health

Set Bonuses:

• 2 power: 0.18% Crit Hit Chance
  • 3 power: 0.02% Focus Regen
  • 4 power: 0.90% Crit Sev
  • 5 power: 0.02% Focus Regen
  • 6 power: 0.28% Crit Hit Chance

Pulse - Crit hit, Multi-Hit, Intensity

Set Bonuses:

• 2 power: 0.17% Max Health
  • 3 power: 0.40% Multi-Hit Chance
  • 4 power: 0.22% Crit Hit Chance
  • 5 power: 0.50% Multi-Hit Chance

Havoc - Crit hit, Multi-Hit, Strikethrough *This is a DPS set, but it's the exact same as Pulse minus the Strikethrough*

Set Bonuses:

• 3 power: 0.20% Crit Hit Chance
  • 4 power: 0.45% Multi-Hit Chance
  • 5 power: 0.25% Crit Hit Chance

Striker - Health, Multi-Hit, Strikethrough *This is a DPS set, but can be used to our advantage. You should never take more than the 3/6 Set Bonus from this set.*

Set Bonuses:

• 3 power: 0.40% Multi-Hit Severity
  • 4 power: 0.27% Strikethrough
  • 5 power: 0.50% Multi-Hit Severity

Concentration - Focus Regen, Focus Pool, Intensity *I'm including this set for clarity, but it will VERY RARELY be used. It is more than possible to hit Focus Regen levels without it.*

Set Bonuses:

• 2 power: 0.21% Intensity
  • 4 power: 0.22% Health
  • 6 power: 0.33% Intensity

Hardened (Esper class set) - Crit Hit, Crit Sev, Focus Pool, Health

Set Bonuses:

• 2 power: 0.018% Crit Hit Chance
  • 4 power: Hardened- Healing an ally increases their Glance chance by 10% for 6s.
  • 5 power: 1.00% Crit Sev
  • 6 power: 0.02% Focus Regen
  • 7 power: 0.30% Crit Hit Chance
  • 8 power: Hardened- Bolster now heals an additional 220 health every 1s for 3s to 5 allies near the target. Additionally Bolster grants 10% Armor to an Ally.

Guardian (Formerly "Savior", Esper class set) - Focus Regen, Health, Focus Pool, Intensity **Only Item Level 100**

Set Bonuses:

• 4 power: Guardian- Reduces the cast time of your Support actions by .25s
  • 6 power: 1.65% Focus Pool
  • 7 power: 0.36% Intensity
  • 8 power: Guardian- Reduces the CD of Phantasmal Armor by 15s, and your Support Finishers grant 743 absorb for 5s.

All of the sets highlighted above were reviewed at the highest level of their runesets.

ii. Fusion Runes
Fusion runes have taken the place of the Omni slot on gear.
Omni slots will no longer exist on items - instead, fusion runes can be placed into any slot element on a piece of gear.
The caveat? It's only 1 Fusion rune allowed per item, and all fusion runes have a specific item requirement (i.e. must be placed on weapon, heads, hands, chest)

I've highlighted the Fusion runes that have some form of use for an Esper healer, and separated them by slot requirement.
*Please note* I am highlighting these runes based on their 120 item level form. These runes do the exact same at lower item levels, but the throughput is (obviously) reduced.

Weapon

• Warden (weapon)- Landing heal grants stack. At 10 stacks, next direct heal grants 3.9k absorb to target, all stacks removed.
  • Overflow (weapon)- Landing heal on 100% health target restores 899 shields instead. Can only occur every 2s PER TARGET
  • Exuberance (weapon)- When your direct heals Multi-hit, restore an additional 1.1k health to the target and 20 allies within 10m. 2.5s CD.

Hands

• Soothing Light (hands)- When you land a direct Multi-hit heal on ally, place pool on their location for 5s that increases healing by 5% and restores 285 every 1s to 5 allies within 5m. Can only occur once every 10s.
  • High Fusion Rune: Protector (hands) - When your direct heals Crit, grant a Defense to the target for 5s. Defense: Reduces Damage Taken by 5%.

Head

• Inner Strength (head)- When your heals crit, gain an Empower for 5s. Empower: Increases Crit Sev by 248. Stacks 5x.
  • Heavenly Echoes (head)- When heals multi-Hit, gain empower: increases multi-hit sev. rating by 248, stacks 5x.
  • Meditation (head)- Every 1s, gain stack of concentration: Increases recovery by 400, stacks 3x. Removed when heal casted.
  • Harmony (head)- When your heals crit OR multi-hit, 30% chance to restore 10 focus. Can only occur every 5s.

Chest

• Guardian Angel (chest)- When you land heal on ally, 5% chance to spawn Guardian Angel (20 sec CD). Angel moves to allied players with low health restoring 685 every 1s to all allies within 5m.
  • Conservation (chest)- When you land heal on target w/ 100% health, gain concentration for 3s. Concentration: increases focus recovery by 1000.
  • Virtuous Circle (chest)- When you cast basic heal, gain empower for 5s. Eompower: Increase multi-hit rating by 240, stacks 5x.
  • Life Force (chest)- 30% focus or above, gain Empower: Increases intensity rating by 1000. While <30% focus, gain Concentration: Increases focus regen by 1000. (No longer part of the Cynosure set)

Feet

• Quick Feet (feet)- When you Dash, gain Swiftness for 5s. Swiftness: Increase Movement Speed by 15%.
  • As an aside, I don't find this rune to be useful enough to warrant taking it. Movement speed can be permanently increased via flask of speed (from guild perks), and it's not at all a requirement to be a top-tier raider. If you're finding yourself really having a hard time dodging red, this rune may benefit you.
  • In my opinion, throughput from a rune is more beneficial than the movement speed increase here because it doesn't have 100% uptime, it has to be triggered via dodge (i.e. you don't get the buff if you're out of dodge tokens), and only lasts for 5 seconds.

4. Theoretical builds - "meta"

Spoiler

Build: The Multi-Hitter
This build is focused on combining two elements now available to Esper healers: Multi-Hit and Shield healing.
It's going to be completely based on Multi-Hit triggering (which is worth more per point than Crit), and running the Overflow fusion rune.

1. Stat Priority

Note: Because of the absence of SP and MH Sev runes, I'm leaving them off the stat prio list. But do not be fooled - MH Sev is a very strong stat, but hard to focus in on due to limited access to it.

Suggested:
Focus Pool/Regen* (~24 focus/sec) > Multi-Hit > Intensity (3-5%)** > Crit > Crit Sev

*Between Focus Regen and Focus Pool, you should be at ~24+ focus regen/sec. 

*I've tested this on multiple occasions and while Focus is much more volatile in Drop 6, 24+ Focus/Sec seems to be the sweet spot.
*Bear in mind - the Focus Regen boost stacks with other main stat boosts, thus tacking on an extra .07% focus regen for free.

**Please refer to the BiS/End-Game section of "Stat Recommendations" below for updating intensity.

**After getting closer to BiS, you should start prioritizing Intensity more, to about 7-9%.

*Please Note*

• This is not some magic number that should never change - this is a benchmark to get to, and then assess your focus costs/management.
  • Some people may need more Focus regen/sec, some may need less.
  • I actually run with only 20-22 focus regen/sec depending on the encounter, due to practice at managing my focus pool. But at first, I needed 25 focus/sec regen to adjust to the Drop 6 changes.
  •  

Stat Recommendations

1. Multi-Hit: This should be your main stat focus. You should get this to 50-54% unbuffed before focusing on other stats.

2. Focus Pool/Regen: As mentioned above, your combination of Focus Pool and Regen should be around 24 focus/sec. I recommend getting to at least 1400 focus pool, as having too little focus pool (even while having enough regen) will leave you OOF.

3. Intensity: This is really going to depend on your gear level. At full 116, you really shouldn't have more than 5% intensity.

4. Crit: This is really going to depend on your gear level. At full 120, you should be able to get at least 12-15% Crit comfortably. This should be your focus after hitting the 52-54% Multi-Hit range, and getting 3-5% intensity.

5. BiS/End-Game: Once you're close to having full 120 or BiS gear, you should be prioritizing Intensity at a higher rate. Shoot for 7-9% intensity, or whatever your focus pool/FR will allow. Keep in mind - you'll need to increase focus pool in order to compensate, which means dropping some of your MH. In addition, you'll typically be dropping T4 fixation for a number of fights to pick up more utility.

-Stat prio for BiS/End-Game: Focus Pool/Regen (~26 focus/sec) > Multi-Hit (48-51% unbuffed) > Intensity (7-9%) > Crit > Crit Sev

2. Rune Sets
Our rune choices here should reflect the stat priority outlined above.

Multi-Hit

• Multi-Hit is going to be our saving grace for this build. Essentially, we want as much of it as possible (~52-54% MH depending on fusion rune choices) in order to have all of our heals constantly multi-hitting.
  • This is going to have to do with how the multi-hit mechanic interacts with the Overflow Fusion Rune proc - multi-hitting a topped off target will result in massive amounts of shield healing, especially when you consider that T8 Soothe's HoT can proc both Overflow and MH - That's a lot of extra healing and shield healing! T8 Soothe's HoT no longer procs any rune sets or effects, but can still Multi-Hit.
  • While the Overflow + Multi-Hit combo is now arguably weaker with the change to T8 Soothe, it is still quite a great combo as it gives Espers access to a type of healing that is otherwise completely unavailable.

i. Sets

Cynosure

• This will be an important set for us for this build. We really want to push Multi-Hit wherever possible, and take advantage of the Focus Regen and Focus Pool bonuses.
  • Base Stats: 400 Multi-Hit (water), 400 Focus Regen (air), 560 health (life)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 4 power: 0.445% Multi-Hit Severity
  • Suggested Placement: You will want to prioritize these runes until you're at a comfortable Focus Regen level. Ideally, you should be skipping the Health rune and going for the 2 power and 1 power versions of the Multi-Hit and Focus Regen runes. You can still get the 6/6 bonus this way, it will just require 1 extra rune slot (4 instead of 3). You can also get 6/6 with only 3 runes, by taking the 2-power MH, 2-power Regen, and then going down a tier to the i100 rune and getting a 2-power MH. This is entirely dependent on your build - in some cases, taking 4 runes is better because you still get the 6/6 bonus, but you get 400 MH instead of the i100 329 MH.

Resurgence

• We'll want to use this set sparingly. While Crit is going to be important to us, you should be taking the Pulse rune set to get your Crit instead of Resurgence.
  • Base Stats: 400 Crit (Fire), 60 Focus Pool (life), 560 health (life)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 2 power: 0.18% Crit Hit Chance
    • 4 power: 0.90% Crit Sev
  • Suggested Placement: The only time you should need to take Resurgence is going to be when you need more Crit, but also need more Focus Regen. This should be used fairly infrequently in your gear, as Pulse will be more important.

Pulse

• This will be almost equally as important as Cynosure, and will be your priority rune set once you've met your Focus Regen limit comfortably.
  • Base Stats: 400 Crit (fire), 400 Multi-Hit (water), 400 Intensity (logic)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 3 power: 0.40% Multi-Hit Chance
    • 4 power: 0.22% Crit Hit Chance
    • 5 power: 0.50% Multi-Hit Chance
  • Suggested Placement: These should be littered throughout your gear. Once you've hit a comfortable Focus Regen level, you should immediately prioritize these throughout your gear alongside Cynosure.

Havoc

• This is a great rune set that's quite similar to Pulse. It's obviously more geared towards DPS usage, but you can still get Crit/Multi-Hit out of it without having to take the Strikethrough rune.
  • Base Stats: 400 Crit (fire), 400 Multi-Hit (water), 400 Strikethrough (air)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 3 power: 0.20% Crit Hit Chance
    • 4 power: 0.45% Multi-Hit Chance
    • 5 power: 0.25% Crit Hit Chance
  • Suggested Placement: We're really only going to use this set in places where we already have Pulse slotted and we don't need additional Focus Regen. Ideally, this is a situation where you'd want to increase your Crit Hit rating, but already have Pulse slotted. If you're looking to get more Multi-Hit on a set where Pulse is slotted, you should be focusing on Cynosure or Striker.

Striker

• This is a runeset will use very rarely, if at all for our build. It's 2/6 and 3/6 set bonuses make it useful for scenarios where we need to plug in 1-2 runes, but don't have any other options.
  • 560 Health (life), 400 Mutli-Hit (water), 400 Strikethrough (air)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 3 power: 0.40% Multi-Hit Severity
    • 4 power: 0.27% Strikethrough
    • 5 power: 0.50% Multi-Hit Severity
  • Suggested Placement: These runes will almost never be used. The ideal scenario for these runes is going to be when you already have 6/6 Cynosure on a set, only have 1 rune slot left, and want to get Multi-Hit. The reason this rune set is so valuable in that situation, is because of it's 2 set bonus. No other rune set that has Multi-Hit as a base stat (to my knowledge) has a 2/6 bonus that gives Multi-Hit - excluding Cynosure. Since we already have Cynosure on this slot in our scenario here, Striker is a great option.

Guardian - Esper Class Set

• This runeset is an absolute requirement, and can be crafted from Major/Minor class foci.
  • Base Stats: 329 Focus Regen (air), 461 Health (life), 49 Focus Pool (life) 329 Intensity (logic)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 4 power: Guardian- Reduces the cast time of your Support actions by .25s
    • 6 power: 1.65% Focus Pool
    • 7 power: 0.36% Intensity
    • 8 power: Guardian- Reduces the CD of Phantasmal Armor by 15s, and your Support Finishers grant 743 absorb for 5s.
  • Suggested Placement:
    • These runes should ideally be placed into your Shoulders/Legs (Feet are also viable) since these items don't have any fusion runes that are required to be placed into them.
    • Optimal Runing Path: 2 pwr + 2 pwr + 2 pwr + 1 pwr + 1 pwr (requires 5 rune slots). The reason for this is that you want to get the 8/8 set bonus, but you don't want to take the Health rune option, as they're absolutely useless. Focus on the Focus Regen, Focus Pool, and Intensity runes.
    • Only getting the 4/8 of this set is completely useless - you should wait to slot these runes until you can get the full 8/8, as the 4/8 bonus is garbage for most encounters for Esper healers (we use Soothe A LOT).

Hardened - Esper Class Set

• This runeset is another very important one, though slightly less important than Guardian. Still one of the top two most desirable for Esper healers.
  • Base Stats: 400 Crit Hit (fire), 400 Crit Sev (earth), 60 Focus Pool (life), 560 health (life)
  • Set Bonuses:
    • 2 power: 0.018% Crit Hit Chance
    • 4 power: Hardened- Healing an ally increases their Glance chance by 10% for 6s. Chance to reduce all incoming damage by 4%.
    • 5 power: 1.00% Crit Sev
    • 6 power: 0.02% Focus Regen
    • 7 power: 0.30% Crit Hit Chance
    • 8 power: Hardened- Bolster now heals an additional 220 health every 1s for 3s to 5 allies near the target. Additionally Bolster grants 10% Armor to an Ally.
  • Suggested Placement:
    • Like Guardian, this runeset should go into either your Shoulders or Legs (Boots is also a viable option here).
    • Again, like Guardian, the optimal runing path would be to skip the health runes completely, as they're completely useless. Focus on the Crit Hit, Focus Pool, and Crit Sev runes to get the desired set bonuses.
    • The big thing here is to get the 4/8 bonus. In my testing, the 8/8 was nice but there wasn't enough return on the extra healing of bolster to make it worthwhile. It's roughly 2% mitigation when thrown on a tank, which is next to nothing when compared to their mitigation levels already. 4/8 here is BiS, without a doubt - 8/8 is situational at best, and I wouldn't recommend it.
    • This could be accomplished with either 2x 2 power runes, or 1x 2 power rune and 2x 1 power rune - The choice is really up to the player based on stats needed, but in my opinion getting the 4/8 with only 2x 2 power runes is the optimal setup.

ii. Fusion Runes
A list of all viable fusion runes for Esper healing can be found above, so I won't go back and detail all of them here.
Instead, I'm going to list the ones that are most pertinent for this "Multihitter" type of build.

Head

• Heavenly Echoes - When heals multi-Hit, gain Empower: increases multi-hit sev. rating by 248, stacks 5x.
  • This choice should be fairly obvious. We want to be multi-hitting quite often, thus triggering this rune frequently. This is actually one of the only ways to increase Multi-Hit Sev outside of runeset bonuses, making it very useful for the stat.

Hands

• High Fusion Rune: Protector - When your direct heals Crit, grant a Defense to the target for 5s. Defense: Reduces Damage Taken by 5%.
  • Since we're prioritizing Crit as our main stat behind Multi-Hit, this fusion rune should provide some great utility. While Soothing Light definitely has a higher proc rate, I feel the mitigation of incoming damage from Protector is much better than the increase in reactionary healing from Soothing Light. However, we are prioritizing Multi-Hit as our main stat - there's a case to be made for Soothing Light, especially if one to two healers in the raid are already running Protector.

Chest

• Virtuous Circle - When you cast basic heal, gain empower for 5s. Empower: Increase multi-hit rating by 240, stacks 5x.
  • Fantastic buff that comes off of most of our heals. At 5x stacks, you're looking at an increase of 1200 MH or 7.2% increase.

• Guardian Angel - When you land heal on ally, 5% chance to spawn Guardian Angel (20 sec CD). Angel moves to allied players with low health restoring 685 every 1s to 5 allies within 5m.
  • Originally, I did not think this rune would be able to compete with the throughput from Virtuous circle. It is slow to move to targets, and is only alive for 8-10 seconds with a 20 second CD.
  • However, upon further testing, GA makes up about 3.5% of my overall healing even on fights where the raid is spaced out and constantly moving. On fights where the raid is stacked tight with minimal movement, it does far beyond 3.5%. Carbine nerfed this into the ground as of 11/04 - It's absolute garbage now, and will probably be better to replace it with a straight stat rune. Will do some testing.
  • TL;DR - I recommend Guardian Angel in 9/10 scenarios over Virtuous Circle. The throughput from GA is just too high to ignore.

Weapon

• Overflow - Landing heal on 100% health target restores 899 shields instead.
  • This is actually the 2nd piece of the key for this build. This rune is an absolute necessity for our MH/Shield Restore build to be effective. We are relying on the fact that our soothe/reverie will hit a target and cap them, but also trigger a multi-hit. When this happens, the target should already be capped at 100% health, thus triggering Overflow for a shield heal. In my experience, this shield heal is triggering for close to 2.2k shields, and that's per heal! T8 Soothe's HoT can also trigger this - imagine if each of those extra ticks multi-hit? Massive amounts of shield healing, which was previously unattainable for Espers. T8 Soothe's HoT no longer procs rune sets or effects, but can still Multi-Hit.

5. Example AMP/LAS & stats

Spoiler

This section is just to give new players an idea of some benchmarks that they should be looking for. These are all stats/builds from Drop 6's release, and after being runed out with the basic rune sets/fusion runes.
If you're looking for LAS/AMP loadouts and theory crafting by DS boss encounter, please check out the next section.

-Disclaimer: Because of the limited functionality of the AMP/LAS building tools available, they're not updated for the Drop 6 changes. As it stands, we gain an additional 2 AMP points - if you're AMP capped, you'll be at 57 instead of 55.

Vet Dungeon Build

• I won't cover the stats here too much, because the level of variance for entry level players vs. some raid gear vs. all raid gear is too large.
  • Instead, I'll focus on what LAS to use in Vet Dungeons, as well as what you should be focusing on to be able to spam Vets like a champ!

• AMPs/LAS (full unlocks) - http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F0n8q8p4O4m0/swa.2szc.0.24a.0.0
  • AMPs/LAS (full unlocks, raid geared) - http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F4n8q8p4M0I0/swa.2szc.0.24a.0.0

• AMPs/LAS (with no AMP/Ability unlocks)- http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F0n8q8I0O4m0/swa.2szc.0.23c.0.0
  • Runes - At this stage, you should be prioritizing Cynosure and Concentration. If your gear is low ilvl and will be replaced, or you simply cannot afford those runesets - get basic stat runes for Focus Pool, Focus Regen, and Multi-hit.
  • The biggest issue I see people new to Vet Dungeons running into, is being able to maintain their focus pool. If you find that you're having issues with focus management, make sure you're prioritizing more Focus Pool and Regen runes until you hit a comfortable level. 
  • My recommendation for Focus Pool for a healer new to Vet dungeons is going to be 1300-1400, with a regen of at least 1.25%. That will net you ~16 regen/sec, which increases if you run t4 fixation.
  • If you feel like you are ending fights with over 40% of your focus pool, then drop some of the pool (not the regen) and pick up more Multi-Hit.

Multi-Hitter

• AMPs/LAS - http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r040n8q8p4O4m0/swa.2szc.0.24a.0.0
  • If you're running into Focus issues due to the constraints of the encounter, you can bring Meditation in place of Phantasmal or Reap depending on the needs of the encounter.
  • There are a few AMPs in this build that can be left totally up to the choice of the player, or the needs of encounter.
    • No Pain No... - This AMP will be great for most encounters in GA/DS. There are plenty of fights where raid-wide damage occurs, and taking damage at all gives a 10% chance to proc a PP. By the same token, some feel that this "encourages bad play" - i.e. taking extra damage to proc PP.
    • Focus Recovery I, II, III - These AMPs can be extremely useful if you feel that your regen isn't high enough, and you don't want to spend runes to increase your Focus Pool or Regen rate. They can also be spent in other useful stats, depending on the encounter
    • Critical Hit Severity I, II, III - These AMPs are where I put the 2 extra AMPs that you gain from Drop 6 (Crit Sev I, Crit Sev II). Purely a preferential choice, there are other areas to place these points that have a valid argument.
  • Stats - Please realize that this is with full 120/BiS gear. Your stats will vary based on your gear progression.
    36olaji.png

*Note: This is with Focus Regen boost, Multi-Hit Boost, and Multi-Hit buff food active.

• Rune Sets -
    tX1b7nS.png

6. Raid Encounter LAS setups

Spoiler

Here, I'll get into my LAS choices for each boss. I'm going to focus mainly on Datascape, as that's the most current content - I will be happy to post LAS selections for GA bosses if there's enough interest.

Drop 7 Note*:

As of Drop 7, changes were made to Warden, Banner, and Mirage.

• -Warden was made completely irrelevant with the way it needs to be cast, as well as the amount of healing/way it heals.
  • -Banner, while annoying, is still going to be useful on single-target heal fights like Gloomclaw.
  • -Mirage was majorly buffed, and made quite a viable option - except for three issues:

-Placement: It has to be clicked to activate, and placed on the ground. Very annoying, and breaks the cycle of healing.

-Responsiveness: The placement of the telegraph is extremely buggy. Often times it takes 3 or 4 clicks just to place it once.
               -Telegraph: The size of the telegraph is extremely small, making it easily missed by DPS who aren't looking for it.

- Until Mirage gets a few tweaks, I won't be putting it directly into any of my LAS setups. HOWEVER, it is a useful spell for tightly-stacked 
                 encounters where the entire raid is grouped together and has very minimal movement. Fights that have potential would be:
                              -Daemons (depending on your strat), Limbo (on platforms), Maelstrom, All earth pairs.
                              -You should only be taking Mirage at t4. Base is a waste, as is t8.

Datascape

• System Daemons: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0M0n8q8p4O4I0
    • -Drow's strategy for this fight requires that our Esper healer (Me) takes ALL of the Power Surge interrupts on one of the System Daemons. As such, I have to bring 2 interrupts so that I have at least 1 up at all times.
    • -Soothe t8, Reverie t8, PKF t4, and Fixation t4 should all be pretty straight forward and self-explanatory, so I won't get into them here.
    • -Why Shockwave/Incap? Shockwave has the lowest CD of any of our interrupts, and Incap has the longest range of any of our interrupts. I think Incap is the strongest of the bunch, but choose whichever interrupts you're most comfortable with.
    • -You'll notice that I'm running t0 Mental Boon on my bar, and despite being on the tank for 95% of the fight, I don't bring Mending Banner. Here's why:
      • -Mental Boon, regardless of tier, requires no focus to cast. It's literally free healing, outside of the Psi-Points needed to generate it. This is a MASSIVE factor in being able to maximize throughput in runes, as you can heal the raid without having to use focus thus reducing the requirement on your focus regen. This allows you to rune for more throughput, instead of focus pool/regen.
      • -Why no Mending Banner? Banner itself is not a good heal - it is underperforming in every use case I've ever tested it in. Reverie will ALWAYS outperform it's healing in scenarios where there is more than 1 target to heal (Banner only hits 1 target, unless at t8 - ew). I can understand the idea behind taking it to t4, and attempting to buff the tank's mitigation through the t4 bonus - however, the only way to do this would be to hurt your utility in another area. That means, either taking Soothe/Reverie down to t4, or removing PKF/Fixation t4. None of these scenarios will benefit your healing throughput as a whole, especially given the bonuses at play. The increase in armor is ridiculously tiny compared to the loss in healing throughput.
      • -In short, get rid of Mending Banner, and replace it with Mental Boon. It's a free heal, it heals while allowing you to continue casting other abilities, and won't hurt your t8 bonuses from Soothe/Reverie or cause you to get rid of PKF/Fixation. Not to mention, with the 8/8 GA set, every tick of mental boon refreshes any target healed with an absorb of 800-1000.
    • -If you're really having issues keeping your tank alive, here are two suggestions I can make. Either or both of these will drastically help in keeping a tank up:
      • -Taking Mind Over Body (MoB) t8 in place of Soothe t8. It'll limit the number of targets you can heal to just 1 target, but the healing from it is greater per target than soothe and still allow you to cast reveries on the raid. It will also ramp up the healing to the target by 15% per 6 seconds, which is great if you're having problems keeping the tank topped off. Keep in mind, this is a targeted heal, and must be cast while someone is selected (really poor implementation, but we have to use what we're given).
      • -Take t4 Warden in place of t4 PKF. Warden's changes as of Drop 7 have made this spell extremely annoying to cast. I don't recommend taking it any point.

• -If you happen to be an Esper that heals the control group downstairs instead of being on the tanks taking interrupts, here's my recommendation: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F0n8q8p4O4K0
      • -Restraint will assist with keeping the probes downstairs in check, while the interrupt will both stop probes and interrupt add casts downstairs.
      • -I use crush here instead of Incap because Crush's tele allows it to hit more mobs in a cluster, instead of having to move and aim my Incap to get the adds in a straight line.

• Limbo Infomatrix: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F0n8q8p4O4I0
    • -Most of these choices should be pretty clear, given the encounter.
    • -I bring longer-range interrupts here for the cast that the keeper does right after his knock back - Our strategy requires the tank and healer to get this interrupt, so that the DPS can keep the adds stunlocked.
    • -When your team gets swalled by a worm, you should be keeping Mental Boon up, while spamming Soothe/Reverie. Popping your absorb gadget (Phagetech Prototype from GA or Firewall from DS) is really useful here.
    • -Since the platform is fairly large and your group wants to remain spread out for the majority of the encounter, I recommend stacking near the tank for the platform phase. This will allow you to heal the entire group, as well as hit the tank with Mental Boon 100% of the time. Be careful that you still continue to dodge spurring strikes/bees!
  • Volatility Lattice: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F0n8l8p8O0m0
    • -Lattice has a bit more of a complex requirement - we're going to be required to output some massive single-target healing, while still being able to heal the raid. As such, we run with MoB here.
    • -If you know this fight, you know there's a few different phases; specifically for healers, we have 2 phases: Heal the tank/raid, heal the wall. The wall healing is the real heal-check of this fight. You and the other healers must keep the all up for 10 seconds of massive damage, or the raid wipes. Some things to note:
      • -Reverie does not target the wall
      • You can PA the wall if you have it targeted Damage to the wall now completely ignores absorbs placed on it.
    • -We run Reverie here to be able to hit the raid with ease, as well as with Mental Boon for the t8 GA set to proc.
    • -When we hit the wall healing phases (there are 4 in the fight), we focus MoB on the wall and heal it as hard as we can.
    • -If you're having issues keeping the wall up, substitute t4 PKF for t4 Mending Banner, and use MoB as well as Mending Banner on the wall healing phases.
  • Maelstrom Authorityhttp://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0J0n8q8p8O0F0
    • -Maelstrom is a fairly straight forward fight with minimal damage if done correctly. Most guilds will 3 heal this encounter, Drow often uses 2-3 healers.
    • -The big thing you'll notice here is the lack of T4 Fixation - there are so many breaks in damage output, that you really don't need the extra focus recovery from T4 fixation, unless you're well below a comfortable Focus Regen rate.
    • -In place of t4 Fixation, we take t8 PKF - in some cases, it may also be worth it to take t4 Crush. Crush can be used on the pillars that pop up during the encounter to reset their cast time - this is immensely useful throughout the encounter. Regardless of whether or not you take t4 Crush, you will be using base Crush 100%. The extra interrupt has saved the challenge for my raids more times than I can count.
    • -Typically, you'll be on one of the pillar groups as an Esper healer - it's definitely possible to heal the tank cluster, but when one of the tanks steps away for a mechanic (wind wall, ice patch) you can find yourself being the 3rd closest player to the main tank. This means you'll be one of the 3 splitting the damage from Maelstrom, which can be somewhat tricky in light armor but is still possible.
    • -Big things to remember here:
      • -Use your absorb/damage mitigation CD's just before the boss lands on the next platform. It'll save tons of damage from going out.
      • -Having PKF up on the boss during the MoO's is HUGE - that's an extra 6% DPS during a MoO. Make sure you time it right, and hit the boss right as he lands.
      • -CC break should be used on the ice breath tether. In some cases, you won't find yourself ever needing the CC break - but there are edge cases where you find yourself completely separated from the DPS with ice breath bearing down on you, which makes Fade Out your best friend.
  • Gloomclawhttp://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0n0s8l8p4O4F0/swy.2szc.0.24a.0.0
    • -The Gloomclaw fight can be a tricky one, depending on how you set your raid up. In my raid, we have a ridiculous amount of DPS - so we end up 5 healing it to push the phases as quickly as possible.
    • -Most of the choices should be obvious - you want as much single target healing as possible, while still having a few raid healing options should the raid take unnecessary damage.
    • -T8 Banner has a useless bonus, but the increase in healing for it justifies taking it. 
    • -Please also pay special attention to the AMPs - the AMP loadout changes for this fight, and any fight where MoB is your main builder.
    • -Additionally, I take incap here to assist with the interrupts on Rupture/Ravagers - if you find that your raid doesn't need that assistance, it's entirely possible to fill that slot with a builder like CB, Reap or even taking PA for the tank.
  • Earth Pairs:
    • -Earth/Air: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r040n8q8p8O0m0
      • -This build changes entirely based on your group's strategy, and your role in the encounter. I am typically the raid healer for this encounter, keeping the majority of my raid on Earth. Adjust your LAS accordingly - it's probably worth it to drop t8 PKF if you're on Air, since Air does not deal enough raid-wide damage.
      • -t8 PKF here is a massive buff for your raid - not only does Earth do a swipe that deals ridiculous damage if not stacked properly, he also constantly summons flowers that increase in damage as his stacks increase. t8 PKF works to decrease his outbound damage, which there is A LOT of.
      • -Bringing PA is entirely dependent on how much damage your raid is taking - I use it as an "oh shit" button for those DPS who manage to get themselves nearly killed by taking 2 flowers in a row after a swipe.
      • -Outside of the basics, your main job here should be building PP quickly, as the damage is steady and often. Reap is a great tool here, as is CB. I prefer reap as it's instant cast, instant return. CB will gives 2 PP instead of one, and has a case for it to be used here as well.
    • -Earth/Fire: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r040n8q8p4O4m0
      • -There a couple different ways to build your LAS for this fight, which really depends on your raid composition.
      • -If you have no other Esper healers, you should be running at least t4 PKF. If you're the only Esper healer but you don't need to run Fixation T4 for the extra regen, then you should be running T8 PKF.
      • -T4 Warden can be really useful here if, for whatever reason, you find yourself healing the tank or a small group of DPS - the damage reduction is great, and can still allow you to take T4 fixation should you need the regen from it. It reduces the damage from fire wave, which seems to kill a lot of people new to the fight.
    • -Earth/Logic: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0H0n8q8p4O4m0
      • -This fight can vary slightly, based on the number of healers you take. But, for the most part, the LAS will remain the same.
      • -As in all the fights, your Focus regen rate will determine whether or not t4 Fixation is a requirement or not - if not, I highly recommend taking t8 PKF (6% AP reduction on the boss).
      • -t4 Warden can be pretty useful here for the rock flowers that drop from the sky, courtesy of Megalith - however if you're keeping his stacks low enough, you really won't encounter these flowers often enough to justify t4 warden. I think it's a good ability to take with you when seeing the boss for the first time.
  • Water Pairs:
    • -Water/Air: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0H0n8q8p4O4L0
      • -Really basic setup - we bring a cleanse to deal with the potential debuff during the mid phase while on Water.
      • -Movement ability assists greatly in the event you're accidentally clipped by one of Air's attacks. Can save you from being knocked off.
    • -Water/Fire: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0H0n8q8p4O4m0
      • -The LAS selection for this fight changes drastically based on your strategy, composition, and healing role.
      • -My guild uses a 4 tank/4 healer strategy, which means there will be times when you are the only healer on a side with the raid and tank to keep up. As such, running Warden here can be of great use, especially on Pyro as it reduces the flame wave damage by 12%. It's also really great on Hydro, as the melee LOVE to stand in the water wall that rotates around his feet - Warden also reduces this damage by 12%.
      • -If you're finding that your raid doesn't take much damage from fire wave or water wall, I recommend running t4 PKF - the DPS boost helps this fight (which can already last a fair amount) be a little quicker.
      • -It's also entirely possible to take BOTH t4 PKF and t4 warden. PA can be useful in tight spots, but for the most part you'll be hard pressed to justify needing it. With that being the said you can drop t4 fixation to base, remove Projected Spirit and PA, and take t4 Warden and Meditation in it's place - assuming you need the extra regen from Meditation.
      • -By the same token, you can also take t8 PKF using the above method.
    • -Water/Logic: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0H0n8q8p4O4m0
      • -Having seen the other two builds for Water pairs, and knowing the mechanics of the fight - this LAS choice should be self-explanatory.
      • -The only ability that I do occasionally change out based on composition is t4 Warden. It's really only useful for the water wall attack on Hydro. Other than that, it's useless - it doesn't mitigate Tech damage, which is what a majority of the encounter's incoming damage is from (defrag, tetris blocks, orb dot, etc.)
      • -The strategy we use for this fight requires us to be on Logic for 75% of the encounter, leaving Warden pretty rarely used. In its place, I take t4 PKF for the extra damage - and if your regen is high enough, take t8 PKF for the reduction in all damage coming from Logic (via the t8 bonus of 6% AP reduction).
  • Life Pairs:
    • -Life/Air: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0H0n8q8p4O4L0
      • -This is one of the toughest fights for newcomers, hands down. 
      • -This LAS changes massively depending on assignment - this is setup for raid healing on Logic, and little to no healing on trees.
      • -There's a lot going on in this fight, and the healing output is massive - both due to mechanics, as well as the incoming damage from thorns and life orbs.
      • -You'll absolutely need a cleanse if you're assigned to pick up orbs on the Life pair. It's a good idea to bring one anyways, because the orbs can launch quite far - you may be in a great position to grab one, or accidentally be hit by one without meaning to.
      • -The movement ability can really help in the event that you get hit by wind wall or bullseye - pretty much any mechanic that attempts to knock you off the edge.
      • -If you're assigned to Orb pickup on life, there's really no change in LAS - depending on your strategy, you might want to go for a more single-target healing build, however.
      • -If you're assigned to lightning/tree healing - base MoB should be enough for you to heal a tree up. You can drop Projected Spirit for it, and just use base MoB - again this depends on your strategy, and assumes you and one other person will be healing the tree. (To be honest, SS/medic are the best for this job since they have burst heals that are front loaded.)
    • -Life/Fire: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0L0n8q8p4O4m0
      • -Typical of any Life encounter, you'll need a cleanse in the event someone in the raid inadvertently picks up an orb or if you pick one up yourself.
      • -As far as the Warden/PKF debate goes - there's a very good case to be made for either. I prefer t4 Warden, solely for the 12% in magic reduction - my raid is entirely on Fire except for 3-4 members who handle life. I throw Warden out on the melee to deal with the fire wave that can be tough to deal with as a melee DPS, since it starts ticking damage as soon as it's placed. If you're going to take PKF, I recommend taking t8 - the reduction in damage is too good to pass up, but you'll have to have high enough regen to deal with losing out on t4 Fixation.
      • -At the very minimum, at least 1 esper healer in your raid should be running t4 PKF for the DPS increase.
    • -Life/Logic: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0L0n8q8p4O4F0
      • -This is another build where the strategy used, and the raid comp, have a large effect on your LAS choices.
      • -Warden will be pretty useless here - most of the damage will come from Logic which is all Tech damage; Warden does not reduce tech damage taken.
      • -If you can get away with not taking Fixation T4, the T8 of PKF is a HUGE help on this fight - it will reduce the damage from Defrag, which always seems to be the highest damage taken.
  • Avatushttp://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r0F0n8q8p8O0L0
    • -This LAS will change drastically based on your rooms/portals - this setup is specifically for OT healing (hands) while on Yellow/Blue room.
    • -There is no reason you should need T4 Fixation here - there are so many pauses and breaks in the encounter that you should really never be below 50%.
    • -T8 PKF is a great ability to have here, as well as T4 Crush should your group need extra help with interrupts on the hand.
    • -If you are NOT in Yellow or Blue room, you will not need a cleanse - I recommend taking either a 2nd Interrupt, or PA.

Initialization Core Y-83

In the majority of cases, Esper healers should be on the main raid group rotating around to each new Augmentor as the fight progresses. Although it's not impossible, I don't recommend having an Esper be on interrupt duty as the requirement leaves us having to either:
     a. Replace the fusion rune in our gloves with the Disabler rune

b. Severely gimp our LAS to meet the number of interrupts required. (t4 crush + int, or crush + incap + shock)

I'll cover each of the builds I use below, for both Normal and Hard modes. These builds are intended for healing when on the raid group, having no interrupt duty.

• Y83 Normal Mode: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r040n8q8p8O000/swa.2szc.0.32y.0.0
    • This is a pretty standard build, with all of the staples we normally use.
    • There's a few choices I want to cover specifically, as there is some room for leeway, should you want to make a few changes.
      • 1. t8 PKF - This is a pretty major buff for the entire raid, as not only is it a AP increase, but it's also a raid-wide damage mitigation. If you find yourself having trouble with your focus management, feel free to drop this down to t4 and pick up t4 fixation.
      • 2. Reap - We have extra room on our LAS to be able to take an additional Assault ability, to increase our PP gen. My preference is reap, as it can be cast off the GCD and is always instant. Some may prefer CB, and that's completely fine.
      • 3. Empty slot - This is a slot for your discretion. Some abilities that I think are useful in this fight are Phantasmal Armor, CB, meditate. Use you whichever you feel will be the most beneficial. Please be aware that while Projected Spirit may be useful in some scenarios, you should not be using it to escape the maze. The way PS works will get you killed 9/10 times - learn to run the maze correctly, and not take damage.
    • Hitting your innate just as the pull-in occurs (60% & 20% on each Aug) will allow you to avoid being pulled in. This can be extremely useful in scenarios where you're hitting frame-rate drops during the pull-in, or if you want to heal from further back as your group runs out.

• Y83 Hard Mode: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/esper#o0r040n8q8p4O400/swa.2szc.0.32y.0.0
    • Hardmode is an entirely different beast when it comes to Y83. Sure, some of the mechanics are the same, but the level of difficulty is exponentially higher; this is the hardest fight in the game currently.
    • Because of the high volume of constant ticking damage in this fight, Espers are easily the least well-equipped of the healing classes. There is very rarely going to be bouts of large, burst damage that needs to be healed immediately. Instead, it will be moderate chunks with lots of small ticking debuff damage - this leaves SS and Medic in a far better position than Espers.
    • That doesn't mean that esper healers are bad for this fight - just that you really won't need more than 1 in any raid comp. It's possible with 2, but I really don't recommend it.
    • Espers are great at 2 things for Hardmode (in my opinion):
      • 1. Maze damage - During the pull-in maze at 60% and 20% on each augmentor, there's going to be a LOT of high damage hits taken, because of how hard each maze tick is. This is a great place for Espers to have a 5PP reverie stored and waiting, and is definitely one of the portions of the fight we excel at.
      • 2. PKF - Outside of the occasional blast of "save your ass" healing, Espers on this fight are essential Pyro Flame vending machines. The most important thing you can do on this fight, is have PKF at 100% uptime. It is a MASSIVE raid buff.
    • The build itself has a few different changes that can be made, based on your needs:
      • 1. t4 PKF vs. t8 PKF - The debate here is really going to come down to how well your focus pool/regen is holding up. If you're finding it extremely difficult to maintain your focus pool without going OoF, then I recommend dropping t8 PKF to t4 and picking up t4 Fixation.
      • 2. Reap - We have extra room on our LAS to be able to take an additional Assault ability, to increase our PP gen. My preference is reap, as it can be cast off the GCD and is always instant. Some may prefer CB, and that's completely fine.
      • 3. Empty slot - This is a slot for your discretion. Some abilities that I think are useful in this fight are Phantasmal Armor, CB, meditate. Use you whichever you feel will be the most beneficial. Please be aware that while Projected Spirit may be useful in some scenarios, you should not be using it to escape the maze. The way PS works will get you killed 9/10 times - learn to run the maze correctly, and not take damage.
      • Meditate - If you do decide to work meditate into your build on this fight, it's entirely possible to drop the requirement for t4 Fixation, even if you're having regen issues. Meditate is a great utility ability, that can be used in the final slot of your LAS. In almost every case, you should be able to drop Fixation to base, and put PKF back up to t8. Meditate should compensate for any focus issues that you were having, which caused t4 Fixation to be a necessity.

7. Boost and Buff food options

Spoiler

The consumables have been changed significantly in Drop 6 to accommodate our new Primary/Secondary stat system.
I think some are still in the works or are just bugged and not showing up in the game currently, but here is a preliminary listing of the Buff Food and Boosts available to Esper Healers.

There are basically 3 tiers of buff food -

• "Special Diet" which is the lowest tier, and gives the lowest boost.
  • "Elder Meal" which is the 2nd tier, and decent quality.
  • "Datascape Dinner" which is the top tier, and also the most expensive to craft.

Because of the low returns on Special Diet food and the ridiculous cost associated with Datascape Dinner, I will be focusing on the Elder Meal food in this section.
All stat increases will be based on those figures.

Stat Overview

Buff Food

• Artemis's Pizza/Draken Pie - Multi-Hit rating increased by 221, health increased by 294 for 30 minutes.
  • Stonebreaker's Curry - Crit Hit rating increased by 210, health increased by 294 for 30 minutes.
  • Chua Cheesecake - Focus recovery rating increased by 210, health increased by 294 for 30 minutes.
  • Antevian's Tortellini - Multi-Hit Sev rating increased by 221, health increased by 294 for 30 minutes.
  • Cassian Citrus Sorbet - Intensity rating increased by 210, health increased by 294 for 30 minutes.
  • Dominion Dessert - Support Power rating increased by 55, health increased by 294 for 30 minutes.**

**In my testing, I noticed some serious discrepancies with this buff food. The item ToolTip shows an increase of 53 SP/294 health, but the Buff ToolTip shows up as an increase of 50 SP/280 Health. Upon further testing, I noticed that the ACTUAL Support Power gained was only 13 SP - I went from 3984 -> 3997. So either the ToolTip means to say 53 Support Power rating, or I am currently at the soft-cap for Support Power and the UI is not highlighting the stat.

Boosts

• Adventus Critical Hit Boost - Crit Hit rating increased by 332 for 15 minutes.
  • Adventus Multi-Hit Boost - Multi-Hit rating increased by 332 for 15 minutes.
  • Adventus Focus Recovery Boost - Focus Recovery rating increased by 332 for 15 minutes.

Usage

There's a number of things to consider when it comes to consumables, especially with the changes.

• Firstly, there are no longer breakpoints that we need to reach for our Primary/Secondary stats - so no milestones to shoot for in order to achieve an added bonus.
  • In addition, it appears that the Focus Regen boost stacks with Crit Hit OR Multi-Hit, but Multi-Hit and Crit Hit overwrite one another. This could be MASSIVE in determining stat priority for runes, as it does give .07% Focus Regen from the boost.

I think the combination of these consumables is going to depend entirely on a set of 4 factors.

• Which stat(s) do you prioritize for you build, and are you at the DR for those stat(s)?
  • Does the increase in stat to your priority stats yield less of a return than the increase to your secondary stat? Is there a stat you can food for, that you cannot rune for?
  • Are you currently at the Focus Regen sweet spot of 24+ focus/sec?
  • Is the upcoming encounter going to have some mechanic that would put more value on a specific stat?

Since I've really focused on the Multi-Hitter build throughout this guide, I'll use it as my benchmark here.

• Which stat(s) do you prioritize for you build, and are you at the DR for those stat(s)? Prioritized stats are MH, MH Sev, and Crit. I am at the DR for none of them.
  • Does the increase in stat to your priority stats yield less of a return than the increase to your secondary stat? Is there a stat you can food for, that you cannot rune for?
    • Buff Food:
      • Looking at our options, there's 2 stand-outs that should be fairly easy to determine: Multi-Hit Sev and Multi-Hit.
      • MH Sev is a stat that we can only gain from Rune Sets (and potentially some gear, but that has yet to be seen), and Multi-hit is our main stat.
      • Since MH Sev literally dictates how much our MH will heal for, it is an incredibly important stat to maximize. In addition, bringing your MH as close to soft-cap as possible will really affect healing output positively.
      • TL;DR - We'll be using Multi-Hit or Multi-Hit Sev for this build.
        *Side note: There is a very strong case for using the Intensity buff food here since it's such a powerful stat that we don't focus on in runes/runesets or gear, but the overall gain is only ~.60% Intensity from food.
    • Boost:
      • This should be an obvious choice - Since we only have to choose between Crit/MH, and we clearly want MH for this build...
  • Are you currently at the Focus Regen sweet spot of 24+ focus/sec? Yes, Focus Regen of ~24 focus/sec when using the Focus Regen boost.
  • Is the upcoming encounter going to have some mechanic that would put more value on a specific stat? Varies based on encounter.

With those 4 questions in mind, I think it's fairly easy to make a decision - but again, there is no "meta" here and choice will vary on a case-by-case basis as well as vary from player to player based on preference.

8. Change Log

Spoiler

This section will be dedicated to documenting changes in the guide.

October 8th
-Updated Stat Prio to be more specific
-Updated 8/8 Hardened set bonus (opinion on it).

October 9th
-Set up skeleton for LAS selection by boss.

October 10th
-Updated a few typos
-Added in Striker rune set, and updated "when to use"
-Clarified buff food options
-Clarified rune set levels used in theory crafting
-Updated Stat Prio to lessen confusion surounding the 24 focus/sec regen.
-Updated LAS for System Daemons encounter.
-Edited a typo in the LAS suggestions for Daemons cause sometime I no good type.

-Fixed typo in Stat priority list (mh sev should not have been present)
-Updated MH Sev listing.

October 12th
-Updated Daemons LAS guide.

October 13th
-Fixed some MAJOR typos/outdated names in my Class set runes ( I was still calling it Savior in some places xD )
-Added "Swift Feet" into fusion rune listing for clarity, added aside of my opinion on the rune.
-Changed the color of the "Striker" rune set to match the rest.
-Created the Change Log section.

October 14th
-Added Limbo LAS guide.
-Added Lattice LAS guide.

October 15th

-Updated example parses

-Fixed typo in rune set list

October 18th

-Updated suggested stat benchmarks.

October 29th

-Added Maelstrom LAS guide.

November 4th

-Carbine nerfed fusion runes: Overflow nerfed, GA nerfed (absolute garbage now).

November 25th

-Updated Earth/Fire, Water/Air, Life/Logic, Gloomclaw, and Avatus LAS guides.

November 30th

-Updated Buff food section

December 14th

-Updated LAS section (added multiple Ele Pairs)

January 4th

-Updated LAS section (finished off Ele Pairs)

-LAS guides now complete per this iteration of the game.

February 10th

-Updated LAS guides to new Jabbithole links.

March 18th

-Updated stat prio for BiS/End-Game

-Updated stat screen shot and full gear screen shot.

April 8th

-Added Vet Dungeon guideline to section 5.

April 13th
-Updated guide for Drop 7. (Including notes on Mirage, Warden, and Banner)

June 12th

-Updated the guide to include builds for Y83 normal/hard modes.

Just a note: I'm aware of the changes made to Mirage, and have been testing them slowly throughout this week.

The changes make this a really strong candidate for usage on a number of fights, but the main draw backs are:

1. You have to stop, click to cast, and click to place. Massive deterrent. 

2. The hitbox of the spell is MINUSCULE - aurin bodies are larger than it's telegraph...

3. After selecting the spell, placing it on the ground is EXTREMELY unresponsive due to the fact that players can get in the way right as you click, causing it not to place.

I'll do some additional testing over the next 2 weeks, and update with my findings.

Updated the guide for Drop 7, including notes under Section 6 for Mirage, Warden, and Mending Banner changes.

Updated the guide for Normal mode and Hard mode Y83!