Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Baelix

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

20 posts in this topic

I wanted to put this MMO on our radar. It looks very promising, and is really trying hard to focus on the "hardcore" aspect of group PvE content.

Being developed from some of the same people that worked on EQ, and Vangaurd: Saga of Heroes.

Still in very rough stages at this point, but it looks very promising.

Slotted for release in 2017.

9 Races to choose from, 12 different classes.

Lots of options, and looks very ambitious. Really excited to see where this heads.

https://pantheonmmo.com/

From their website, a synopsis:
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen will likely be a fundamentally different game compared to what you may have experienced playing other modern MMORPGs. From the moment you log in you will notice that the game is more social and has an emphasis on cooperative play. The monsters are often tougher and exploration is more involved. You will need friends in the game and your reputation can either help you progress or hinder it. Death in-game is meaningful and you’ll want to avoid it when possible. You’ll learn your surroundings and the lay of the land, spending meaningful time in each area and not just running through as quickly as possible to collect ten hides. You will need strategy, cunning and endurance to uncover all that Pantheon has to offer. You will find yourself in group and guild chats as you strategize or even just to pass the time between battles. Pantheon is social, thought-provoking, and the memories from your experiences in Terminus will last a lifetime.

I agree Baelix. Many of us have been looking at this for a while now. At first, I was a bit skeptical for a few reasons. But, the more I watch it, it seems to be growing in a positive direction.

We'll see if they can pull off more than another generic cookie cutter MMO. I'm not holding my breath.

10 hours ago, Dellingr said:

We'll see if they can pull off more than another generic cookie cutter MMO. I'm not holding my breath.

To be honest, I would be shocked if this was cookie cutter. These are the people who made EQ1 and Vanguard.

However, my biggest concern is that they will do something stupid and try to bring back that "old school" feeling. For example, camping bosses, long as fuck attunement quests, or the worst offender being open world raids where you have to compete for the kill and the people who are online all day win. To me, that is way worse than cookie cutter lol.

Seems like there is going to be a heavy focus on small groups to do most content.  If you had a hard time solo leveling in wildstar this is will probably be a whole other level.  The game is still really REALLY early in development so I'm curious to see where they go.  I don't know if the systems are going to be very complex.

Hesitantly curious.

32 minutes ago, Maelfus said:

Hesitantly curious.

Pretty much.

On 21/03/2016 at 6:35 PM, Maelfus said:

Hesitantly curious.

Optimistically curious.

If you didn't like Vanguard you probably won't like this.

As long as they don't Vanguard their launch this time, their odds are much better of doing okay.

3 hours ago, Dellingr said:

As long as they don't Vanguard their launch this time, their odds are much better of doing okay.

True

Really hoping this one doesn't fail.  Haven't had a good raiding game in a while.

They say anything about the pay model?

What is Pantheon’s Revenue Model? Will the game be pay to play, free to play, freemium or what?

We are considering either using the traditional subscription based model or a model where the player buys the game and then has the option of purchasing mini-expansions or ‘modules’ after launch. Either way, the game’s world will continue to expand, more content will be added, as well as new features and mechanics. Visionary Realms strongly believes that the revenue model of an MMO needs to match the game’s target audience. Because of this, Pantheon will not be ‘freemium’ or have ‘cash shops’ -- building your character and advancing in-game will be based on time invested and tactics used, not on how much money the player has in real life.

From the FAQ

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/

Loric/Xal

Right on brother. Thanks for the information. So, it pretty much seems B2P or P2P. Either or is cool by me if it's good.

17 minutes ago, Anticlergy said:

Right on brother. Thanks for the information. So, it pretty much seems B2P or P2P. Either or is cool by me if it's good.

Pretty much.

Yeah, fuck this freemium MMO shit. Every single one has been a dumpster fire of nag screens/annoying korean grinds or worse.

5 minutes ago, Dellingr said:

Yeah, fuck this freemium MMO shit. Every single one has been a dumpster fire of nag screens/annoying korean grinds or worse.

i agree

46 minutes ago, Dellingr said:

Pretty much why I agree with B2P or P2P. That free shit is only good for shits and giggles for a little while. If that.

Definitely interested as well, but can't help being skeptical regardless. 

On 3/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, Anticlergy said:

However, my biggest concern is that they will do something stupid and try to bring back that "old school" feeling. For example, camping bosses, long as fuck attunement quests, or the worst offender being open world raids where you have to compete for the kill and the people who are online all day win. 

I definitely agree with ya here. Some of the original ideas in MMO's haven't aged very well. The long attunement quests though never really bothered me, or at least not all of them. Perhaps they should be account bound though instead of per character? The Karazhan key in Burning Crusade made a lot of sense to me for example. Only 1 person in the raid actually had to do it, but the process to getting the key was actually fun. But I understand say the Onyxia attunement in Vanilla WoW, a quest chain i enjoyed, but getting 40 people to do it was harder than Onyxia herself.

So far I really like what I've seen. Their developer live streams have been incredibly informative and fun to watch. It looks pretty promising. Something that did surprise me is when they were talking about death penalties. That's something I actually always hated in a lot of older MMO's and RPG's was the idea that the game needed to punish you for dying further than your death. I personally always felt dying was punishment enough in itself. I guess though if that's my biggest complaint so far, which currently is, then it's definitely in a better place than most MMO's I've been looking at coming up.