Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cel

Everquest Next

11 posts in this topic

yeah i saw it coming when daybreak bought out soe.

Not surprising to me either given how long it was in development purgatory.

Was pretty inevitable once Columbus Nova bought up SOE and fired Georgeson and Butler and tons of other people.

It's a shame because there just ain't shit on the horizon for MMOs except for a few crowdfunded projects here and there and things that barely qualify as MMOs, not to mention questionable Korean imports. The genre is pretty much dead.

World of Warcraft seems to be in the "first man up, last man standing" bracket currently as far as actively developed long-standing MMOs. Hopefully that changes in the near future.

10 hours ago, Sentrus said:

Was pretty inevitable once Columbus Nova bought up SOE and fired Georgeson and Butler and tons of other people.

It's a shame because there just ain't shit on the horizon for MMOs except for a few crowdfunded projects here and there and things that barely qualify as MMOs, not to mention questionable Korean imports. The genre is pretty much dead.

WS still running strong, despite it's setbacks.

Also, Pantheon looks really promising - especially for fans of the MMO genre the EQ perpetuated.

I feel bad for the dev team of wildstar because they clearly cared, but NCSoft kind of shot them in the foot and their upper management is just so fucking awful.

Anyone going to be playing Landmark at launch now that EQ Next is dust?

On 3/19/2016 at 2:37 AM, Sentrus said:

I'd say those crowd funded projects, like Crowfall and Camelot Unchained, qualify as more than 'aint shit', but to each his own, I think the genre is far from dead.

32 minutes ago, Solaxo said:

Anyone going to be playing Landmark at launch now that EQ Next is dust?

Is there a point? I thought the whole idea was to make shit for when Next went live.

I was sad, what shocked me was how smedley or whatever fuck wad is in charge now said the game was cancelled because it wasn't fun, I mean they probably should've let the players decide on that imo.

18 hours ago, Miokhistan said:

Is there a point? I thought the whole idea was to make shit for when Next went live.

If you like to build stuff!  I am going to treat it like a high tech minecraft and finally get around to building something I drew up a few years ago for it lol.  Just been waiting for launch so I have all the tools, and don't have to worry about wipes etc.