Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kainzo

Sad to see Drow.org gone.

14 posts in this topic

I really feel like they should have locked the forums and kept them as memories - there's a lot of lost history from Everquest and various games now.

Does anyone know where Emil is these days?

Yeah, talk to Xennor/Doc/Ada about that.

Rather than be mature adults, they decided to act like kids and shut the whole thing down so that no one can make any use of it.

Quit a baffling decision, if I'm being honest. (Less-so on Doc's part.)

I was shocked as well, I liked to visit the forums once or twice a week and see any new news.

(Had not been on a team in a couple years, but it was habit)

I assumed it was a mess, and didn't want to stir things up.

But sorry to see it go.

Also sad to see it go. I enjoyed time as a part of a few of the teams and enjoyed coming back to see what had changed. Sigh.

22 minutes ago, Mebe said:

Also sad to see it go. I enjoyed time as a part of a few of the teams and enjoyed coming back to see what had changed. Sigh.

I understand the feelings that many people have with drow.org. I also shared some good memories there. However, we are glad that you made your way to our new home. Drow is far from gone. We are still here and plan on being here for a long time to come. :) 

On 2/3/2016 at 6:58 AM, Jimbolini said:

I was shocked as well, I liked to visit the forums once or twice a week and see any new news.

(Had not been on a team in a couple years, but it was habit)

I assumed it was a mess, and didn't want to stir things up.

But sorry to see it go.

This is me, I found out the old forums were gone today. :(

Its cool to see old SWG names immediately though, it really makes me sad the old forums are gone. Is there any hope of some back up that we could persuade someone to upload? I would just love to be able to sift through some of the old swg post to find pictures and stuff.

Edited by Miokhistan

10 minutes ago, Miokhistan said:

This is me, I found out the old forums were gone today. :(

Its cool to see old SWG names immediately though, it really makes me sad the old forums are gone. Is there any hope of some back up that we could persuade someone to upload? I would just love to be able to sift through some of the old swg post to find pictures and stuff.

There is not.

The good news is that we know that the old site is still there, and the database is still intact.  Ada is lazy as shit.  We may be able to convince them at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yeah it would be cool to go back through the old EQ accomplishments we did... best one that i keep thinking of is the Avatar of War and Curled Toes post...  damn now thinking bout it i better stop thats been 13 years if not more

On 1/27/2016 at 5:49 PM, Crimins said:

holy shit its Kayanzo

Hey now... 

Super late joining on here, part of me didn't want to acknowledge the old forumn was gone. Hadn't looked back at WoW since I stopped raiding but Vanilla servers may change that. Can I get access to WoW boards? No other group i'd rather play WoW with.  

Granted. We're taking a bit of a break for now, probably putting together a small group for heroic Antorus and later mythic Battle. Not sure if we will do anything serious on classic servers, but we'll have some sort of guild for doing stuff.