Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fullacrit

Email account

7 posts in this topic

I think my email account has been compromised.. Im thinking of changing it but think ill have to go back and update my wow info ect. Now is that going to mess things up for me like logging into wow? Authenciator is on my other phone but broken so i think id have to take it off then re add using my new phone not 100% on how thats gonna work.. i tried to get into my email and said password was changed i only ever use one for my email but after the first security question i couldnt remember how i typed in the other answser.. now account is locked till tonight and i hope i can fix it without having to change a bunch of things. So maybe a heads up guys.. CHECK YO SHIZZ..

Compromised email account is as simple as updating your password and verifying it's account details. 

If you didn't write down the recovery info for your authenticator you'll need to remove it before adding a new one. I keep the recovery info stored somewhere and just paste it into the app whenever I wipe my phone. 

Also consider getting an email service that supports 2 factor authentication. 

Yeah we already went over 2 factor authentication and why Gmail > Yahoo.

Dear God, you were using yahoo? 

If you can choose 2FA, do so, pretty much for anything. Its generally unobtrusive and far more secure.