Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreyna

Blade and Soul - Mushin NA

Move to Old Man Cho to avoid queue issues?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Moving?

• Yes - Dear god please...
    • Nope...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

168 posts in this topic

Cel can yell all he wants, we just ignore him. (seriously though, any time outside of 7-10:30pst, feel free to hit wow druid or the cesspool)

Added Cel and he accepted, but it wouldn't let me talk to him. Sad times, can't get my sweet spider tag :(

So people still thinking of switching over.  I got my shield and about to switch back, but red is hard to do the dailys on this server.  They have a blue guild that is specifically hit squad and spam the blue faction chat when they see any reds forming in the Misty Woods.  It's pretty bad.

Personally, like I mentioned, I am indifferent to what people want to do. So, if the majority wants to do it, I am down. Really though, I could care less about PvP. But, that is just me.

It's not just pvp, its the open world pvp and some of the weapon upgrades require some of the stuff from them.  Only way to get soulstones unless you buy them from the AH.  Also, future skills require it too.  Sadly, they force you to pvp.  Just as they force you to pve.  And crafting.

Sent this to AC in a PM, figure I would post it up here also to make things a bit more easier ( in hopes ) 

Doing the PvP dailies, is key for a few factors.  ( although I laugh about them being called PvP dailies, since there is only really one PvP quest ) 

The soul stones, are heavily rewarded for doing these quests ( two per quest, or RNG amount in the bag ) but this is NOT the only place to obtain the soul stones.  Exiles rewards it for it's daily, but yes, for sure faster through the PvP Dailies.

Getting your members of Drow together, is going to lead the biggest success rate on getting them done quickly and with as little problems from the Blue strike teams as possible.

Here where the suggests that I gave AC, in getting these done.

Search out a few shards with members before you start.  Locate one with the Dragon down, and with out some of the key Blue Guilds present.  The more you PvP or do these dailies, the more you will get use to who to look out for.  Do these search outs in PvE outfits, with as little notice as you can make to yourself.

Once you find a decent shard to run it in, speak about it in Guild Chat ( NOT Faction Chat ) and start inviting away from the PvP zone, in short order, the Shard will fill, and you will not be able to have Drow members move to said Shard ( example shard 9 ) once this happens, everyone in Shard 9 drop the groups made, and start inviting Drow members that are not in the shard yet, to your group.

When you accept an invite from a squad leader in another shard, it will ask you if you want to move to the leader's shard.  Continue doing this until

a. shard will no longer accept anyone ( even fresh invites to the group )

b. all of Drow is in the same shard

Once the two above or one of the two are above are met, THEN say in Faction chat your intent ( your choice to inform Faction chat, it will get to Blue one way or another you guys are there )

The reason for informing Faction Chat, is because other Reds WILL try, and continue to try to zone in once you announce you are going to Shard 9.

Yes, there are spies in both factions informing where each Faction is trying to farm.  More so, in the Blue.  

The more people you get into your Shard ( Red Faction ) the less Blue Strike teams can assemble and mess with you.

Have done this on a number of different days, and times, to allow for PvP and Farm groups to get things done.  It is rather effective, but do keep in mind, the more you PvP in the shard ( in this case Shard 9 ) the more attention you are going to get from Blue.  They do things a lot different then Red side.  Their Strike Teams ask other blue players to leave the shard that is being farmed, to make room for their Strike Teams to get into the shard and stop Red from Farming.  So keep this in mind.

Key things from the PvP Quests in Mistywoods and area

Soul Stones for gearing 

Insign farming for your PvP Soul Shield ( arguably the BiS for most PvE as well ) 

Any of you guys still running this ?

I see AC every now and then on.

1 hour ago, Taleon said:

Any of you guys still running this ?

I see AC every now and then on.

Pretty much everyone has moved on Tal. The only people that are on regularly are myself and a few people from the Wildstar team. To be honest, this does not surprise me. While the combat is super fun, the mind-numbing grind for mats to upgrade your weapons and accessories is not so fun. Even if there was another way to get better gear, like doing the hardmode dungeons, then I would be happy. But, even those are useless because the gear is garbage compared to even low-level upgraded gear. 

Anyhow, I will still be hanging around for a bit because it fills my void on WoW downtime. But, there is always the possibility I freak out and uninstall it because I am tired of grinding gold and mats and doing dailies. 

yeah know the feeling a bit there AC, 

Just finished all but weapon ( the accessories where a pain ) last stage on weapon till next content patch of level 50 increase ( whenever that is ) so started a warlock to fill the time.

I really loved the combat and that's what kept me playing.  The mat grind to upgrade gear really killed it for me.  It wasn't even really the number of mats, more the recipe never dropped....and a single point of failure like that really eats on you after a while.

Edit:  If they nerf requirements or make it easier to get the recipe let me know!

Edited by Tilestiv

26 minutes ago, Tilestiv said:

I really loved the combat and that's what kept me playing.  The mat grind to upgrade gear really killed it for me.  It wasn't even really the number of mats, more the recipe never dropped....and a single point of failure like that really eats on you after a while.

Edit:  If they nerf requirements or make it easier to get the recipe let me know!

Honestly Tile, I am getting to that point myself. The combat is super amazing, like you said, but the upgrade system is fucking brutal. Way to dam expensive. People who don't have many hours to play a day are going to be gimped unless they spend real money. 

Anyhow, I am getting ready to throw in the towel soon myself. I just cannot do the grind.

Well, think of it like this for upgrading. It takes a week to upgrade your weapon for crafting in wow to the next level with the way crafting works. It takes around 50g to upgrade your weapon in bns. If you do your daily 19 soulstones faction dailies everyday and a few other quests that net you around 5g. Mushin tower alone is about 3g and that takes 20 minutes. And weapon is the biggest upgrade. So do the soulstones and the gold to purchase other mats and can easily upgrade a piece every week. If you put more effort, can upgrade way faster.

It's a different upgrade path than people are used to with depending on drops. And "shields" are other drops. So need 8 pieces of shield, ring, earring, necklace, belt, bracelet and now soulstone and weapon gives total of 15 items to upgrade. Wildstar has 12 items. Wow has 15/16.

It may seem like a grind, but it all comes down to money and crafting and drops. Idk, at the top end, it is alot easier.

Well if it helps, 

Looks like they did do the recipe increase drop rate for the big four ( blue lvl 45 dungeons ) 

They are much more common to drop now, and you can increase the drop count by killing off one of the twin bosses prior to the other one ( rumored, never really tried it ) 

Dailies are your main source of income.

Tower - 3 gold 20 mins

Nightmare ( 24 man ) 1 gold ( or more can not remember ) 20-40 mins

Blood Shade 1 gold 30 mins

Supply 6 man - 1 gold 20-30 mins

Supply 24 man - 2-3 gold ( not sure ) 30-40 mins

Big four dungeons ( blues ) - 1.3 gold 30 mins 

PvP dailies - 1 gold 20 mins

That brings you around 10 gold for about 3 hours.  Can pick and choose your quests, and then there is Labyrinth

You do need drops from all dungeons above.  Weather the end boss loot auction, or daily rewards.  I am on last weapon still for Pirate, and that requires drops from

night and blood shade 26, tower 100 , soul shards 250 , and ofc moonwater stones 10.

Farm is there, soul shields go for next to nothing, same with your upgrade item drops ( short the first week or two of release ) 

Korean based MMO, it is going to be a farm, and honestly to me is getting more managable the more I keep playing.

Soulstones on the other hand, are getting easier and easier, as arena play if you are into that part of the PvP

Amazing combat...  unforgiving, grindy gear upgrade. Sounds suspiciously like TERA's failures with bringing a KMMO over to the western world.

45 minutes ago, Reesi said:

Amazing combat...  unforgiving, grindy gear upgrade. Sounds suspiciously like TERA's failures with bringing a KMMO over to the western world.

Pretty much. Granted, if I played 3 hours a day, I may not have these issues. Well, there would still be a god awful grind, but it would be easier. But, real life is not gonna let any of this happen sadly.

Korean Grinders gonna be Korean Grinders. Its too bad that their gameplay is so good while their reward systems are so awful. :/