Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreyna

Blade and Soul - Mushin NA

Move to Old Man Cho to avoid queue issues?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Moving?

• Yes - Dear god please...
    • Nope...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

168 posts in this topic

My name was taken ~1 min after start, client booted me because servers were like 15 seconds slow booting

i had the same thing happen to me cel

3 hours ago, Taleon said:

Back to the game though, 

most of my friends from a few different games seem to merging on Mushin for the same reason as the population, so will probably see a few of ya there.

You guys going causal or serious team ?

Taleon, I'm going to fire you a PM.

Fucks level: Play after normal launch. Not paying for another MMO at this point, my poor heart cant take another letdown on that front. :(

14 minutes ago, Dellingr said:

Fucks level: Play after normal launch. Not paying for another MMO at this point, my poor heart cant take another letdown on that front. :(

I'm in the same boat... 

Will be tagged under Taleon and Darklin at launch, 

already know I will have a few other toons going, will update the names if you want Maelfus.

Paying now, would not really to be an advantage for anyone wanting to play.  Nor anyone even a month ago.  Though the perks you get are semi worth it ( think of it like patron status ) they are not 

over the top like in many other games.  Small XP boost, small gold boost, more daily spins after reset.  And ofc cash shop currancy to start the game with.

Classes vary for anyone that has not really played in beta.

There is no true healer class so to speak.  All classes have an ability to some point ( some have to be pointed into ) to heal themselves.

Summoners are the only class that I saw and played that can heal others.  ( melee love Summoners )

Blade Masters and Blade Dancers are more your jack of all trades, good amount of offensive and defense ( basicly same class, but different races )

Sins and KF Masters are mostly pure offensive with tricks to avoid damage ( standard rogue type ) 

Beserks are your Tanks, aggro ability mods and higher HP

Summoners are caster utility class with pet ( damn broken class of all that I played ) 

Force Masters are your DPS casters.

https://bnstree.com/

a calculator I was using back in beta, 

gives you a generalized idea of your builds.  key bindings do take a bit to get use to, lol 

as does the targeting if you have not played this style of game

Playing a KFM tank. Been doing a ton of research for a while now on the build and what not. Also, played it in the beta and did a dungeon with. So, I am pretty familiar with it. The only thing I can say is that to be good at this game, you are gonna need to put a bit of work in. And, I don't mean gearing up. Also, I know that in the hard mode dungeons, the telegraphs will be gone. So, knowing boss attack patterns is gonna be key. Ultimately, this looks to be a lot of fun.

Yeah, 

Gearing means very little in the game.  More so when you go into the PvP side of the game, because well.... it is stripped of stats.  You are effective with the "Holy Grail" BiS weapon in PvP as you would be with your starter weapon in the arena.

Armor means nothing in the game, as it is all cosmetic.  ( armor is build in your soul shield ) But even that is stripped in the PvP part.

As AC said, 

This game comes down to how well you play and understand not only your class, but every other class in the game.

If you intend on PvP'ing, weather open world team PvP or arena matches, you have to learn every other class as well as your own to be anywhere effective.

Ya i played to almost 30 did quite a few dongeons. really like how most of the damage is avoidable so just learn. i think raiding in this could be lots of fun. will be streaming the leveling process and then dungeons when we do them :)

Most of us don't really pvp at all so looking more at the PvE content side of things. 

11 minutes ago, Cel said:

Most of us don't really pvp at all so looking more at the PvE content side of things. 

That said Cell.....

This game will end up being rather causal at best for many.  Probably not even along the lines of GW2 in terms of overall content PvE side.

With my Blade Master, I took nothing from my Sin, just knowledge of where to go to level.  Three days and was level capped.  ( probably 12 hours or under )

Dungeons are not for leveling, only getting required items ( for leveling your weapons or acc ) rare drop armor ( cosmetic only ) or for grinding out your Soul Shield.

Depending on your class, the BiS Soul Shield will come out of Spiders Den ( sorry do not recall true name ) or from PvP Rank Merchant.  ( yes, BiS Soul Shield only comes from PvP'ing where it can not be used.  Makes sense huh ? )

I am not saying there is not anything to do.  Just that Story line runs out shortly after you hit 45, and even with the released add ons that will be coming, the PvE part of the releases, will not be super long.  I think three to six months where projected releases of the add on's.  ( do not Quote me, could be wrong )

This is not touching on Raids or Hard Mode Dungeons, because they where not in Beta.  So overland world bosses exist, but I would not compare this to other MMOs such as VG, EQ2, or even Rift as in terms of PvE content after level cap and story.  Think of it as SWTOR, where you have basicly weekly quest resets to kill things.

PvP is going to be something that although not really required to do the content of the PvE, is going to be more the time filler between releases of Story content.  Never did ask my mates that are still playing the Korean version how many releases till end of the Story.  So that leaves running alts ( Story Mode is same for all classes and races ) which I stomached capping three and half into a forth, but that was over three months of betas where they lasted but a weekend.  ( Short one beta was ten days ) 

Dailies are plentiful for sure, you get credit for forty a day.  Overlands, and probably a few other things.

Not trying to be a downer, but more of a realistic if you are not into PvP at all.  I am not hardcore PvP, Avoid it honestly most of the time.  But do enjoy the PvP aspect of B&S.

Hope this was semi helpful to some of you 

Tal

Let me expand a bit on this, since  I was headed out of work when I wrote that above.

You do not "have" to PvP to complete the PvE content.

The way the PvP works in B&S is Team based, or better said as Faction Based.  Not good vs evil but just different views.

You flag for PvP in two ways.

a. You put on your Faction Outfit.  You get this at the first main town you goto, where you choose which Faction you want to be part of.

The outfit changes as you rank up, and yes, the Crimson ones, look a ton better :P

This is open world PvP that is like I said, Faction based.  Players of the other Faction will show up with Red names, and are attackable "IF" they are also in their Faction outfit ( thus they are also flagged for PvP )

Players of your Faction, will show up like any other player.  Normally white titles, and are not attackable.

If you are flagged for PvP, you are able to be attacked by one to a thousand players of the other faction.

b. You Q up for the PvP Lobby.  Singles, Three on Three, and I think there is a larger one.

Matches take place, and you gain ranking through out these matches.

You will have your own ranking, and will be matched up with other players of the same ranking.  So you are not going to Q up, and be running against a pro PvP'er when you first start out.

Hopefully, a bit more sense from what I wrote before :)

I'm gonna be playing from start of early acess if anyone wants in a group with me just ask at the start or now :)

I don't work fri/sat so I will be on

I don't work this weekend either, however I am still a night shifter so I'll probably only get about an hour or 2 of play when the servers launch and then crash out.

I will also be there in all my nerdy greatness.

I can't decide if I want to give it a go.

Help.

Come play at launch with me and Dell. We didn't buy a founders pack. 

BUT I DON'T WORK TOMORROW AND SAT

Ignore Maelfus Reesi. Come play tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is cool kids start day

2 minutes ago, Reesi said:

peer pressure!

It gets results